Preventing and responding to Child Sexual Abuse: Learning about best practice from overseas (Lorraine Radford et al., 2017)
At the outset it is worth reminding ourselves of the reason the Independent Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse was established.
- To consider the extent to which State and non-State institutions have failed in their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse and exploitation;
- To consider the extent to which those failings have since been addressed;
- To identify further action needed to address any failings identified;
- To consider the steps which it is necessary for State and non-State institutions to take in order to protect children from such abuse in future; and
- To publish a report with recommendations.